Jan 8, 2009

Day 8

Sleep...

Zachary has always been a high need kid, right from the moment he was born, he demanded attention 24/7. Back in the day of babyhood, he nursed what seemed like 27/7, he slept on me, he bathed sometimes with me. I was NEVER alone, we later found out that he has Sensory Problems, as well as speech problems. It's not been easy, especially with Aubrey – dividing my time between them has always been hard. Even potty training was a HUGE deal, he did not train till what some would consider late, 4, and required the help of his teacher and I to make a concerted effort.

Well last night he announces, "I am going to sleep in my own room, and without my diaper." I of course am thinking, “um ok.” But after hours of going back and forth, he finally went to sleep around 11 – and this AM at 6 he was up, announcing to the world that he had “made it” – he was SOOO proud of himself. He did have a tiny accident, on his way to the bathroom this AM – but other than that he was not only clean and dry but he had slept all night in his own room!!!

So, how could I not use that story as part of my 365!






12 comments:

  1. oh my goodness...that is so precious!!! great pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And tonight - it's 10 and he's been sleep for at least 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bedpost tells the story best. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really good pictures and a very precious story you will want to remember forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet story and beautiful photos. We understand sensory problems well at our house. Way to go (or should I say not go) Zachary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all, for me it's a bitter sweet thing - LOL I got used to him sleeping with me...and well, needing me. Now, he's all on his own and when I said tonight, "So ya ever think you might wanna sleep with your old mom again for fun." His answer was a resounding "NO, I am a big boy now."

    Bitter sweet I till ya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....you made my morning...I love your story and pics. Watching our kids grow up is crazy...isn't it?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet story, crazy how sometimes we want them to grow up and then when they are ready to we really did not want it to happen that fast. Great pics by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They grow up waayyy too fast. It seems like just yesterday all of mine were running around the house...now they are all in school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They definitely grow up too fast. I adore these images. You didn't even have to write anything, the story is all right there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great story and the second picture is precious! Man what lashes he has!

    ReplyDelete