Jan 24, 2009

Day 24

Chickfila and Euchre

Today, the kids and I ran a few errands - course we did not finish running the errands due to what I thought would be a short lunch break - which turned in to an hour and a half at Chickfila. We ended up meeting a mom and her 3 boys. Aubrey and Zachary had a BLAST playing and running around with them they did not want to leave - so we stayed - I talked with there mom (whose name I sadly did not catch, however I did give her my business card) and the kids played! It was kinda nice!

This was sitting on the table, so pretty!

Zachary, eating, and wanting to go back to play - I was like "Just one" so he gave me this look..
Then tonight, we (sister, BIL, dad and mom) played a card game - Euchre. My papa used to play it with us, and between him and my dad (and mom) they taught my sister and I to play. It's fun, quick and WOW can tempers flare! We (my mom and I) did not do so well, only won once - but my sister and dad - they cleaned our clocks! :)

11 comments:

  1. I miss Chick-fil-a! Nice images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how many people have never heard of Euchre. Being in Indiana, I was raised on that game, and Bid Euchre (one Euchre deck for each 2 people) and the largest game I remember was using 12 decks. Been many years since I played Bid, but I love a good game of regular Euchre. Maybe we'll meet some day and strike up a game. Nice picture of Zachary, I love his eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I want Chickfila now and it is Sunday, no fair ;-) I love the conversion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "cleaning your clock" sure was fun!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have played Euchre before. My Uncle taught me. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the background bokeh you got in the rose shot. That is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like all 3 shots. The little boy looks great in B&W.

    Down here in SW Indiana we play Clabber.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the rose...so pretty. I've never heard of the game either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's funny my granpa was born and raised in
    Mishawaka, IN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photos and I really like the dof and perspective on the cards!

    ReplyDelete