Jan 14, 2009

Day 14

The Butcher.

I know I know, going to the butcher - who does that anymore? Well, today my dad and I decided to make a trek to the mountains of VA for just that, to visit a butcher. My family has been to this butcher for YEARS - I mean, I beleive that even my granddaddy visited this same butcher from time to time (though I cant exactly remember, but I know I have known about it for my entire life).

Occasionally, will buy a 1/2 cow, or pig - other times, like today we went for just a "few" things - hamburger, sausage, steak, tenderloin and ribs - and so far I have to tell you the hamburger and tenderloin are awesome. I am however glad we don't have to "watch" them kill anything!

Anyway, while we were there - I got to "play" but just a little (the temp today did not get above 31 degrees!) Honestly it was such fun, there's soo much up there that's interesting and fun - course I don't live in the country, sooo it's neat for me visiting!

Hope you enjoy these, I have soo many, so be sure you will see more as the weeks go on when I need a "break" or did not get a chance to take a photo!

These were all taken on manual - with very little PP, cropping, and one I used Heartland from pioneer woman - but other than that...

Got Meat?

Just a fence

Sun stroke

Ouch

It all started...

Heartland
EAK, there's more than I thought, I just cant choose a favorite!

*You can see more on flickr - (hint: click on the slide show)

6 comments:

  1. I love close ups so the wheat and barbed wire really grabbed me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fave is the barbed wire, but I can see why you can't pick a favorite. They are all great.

    I think VA is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful series of shots. The one that really stands out to me is the barbed wired. The background blur really makes the subject "pop".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some beautiful shots you got yesterday. When the weather turns around we should head up to skyline drive, I bet you could get some great ones there too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very true I would love to do that, and I think the kids might have a real blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! I think my favorites are the ones of the barbed wire and wheat!

    ReplyDelete