Jan 30, 2009

Day 30

Relaxing...

As a single mom of 2 kids, relaxing is not something I "get" to do often. Honestly my nights are my time to "be me" to relax and do what *I* want to! Weather it be to work, take a shower, listen to music, read or watch TV - it's my time. (Hence the reason you might find me chatting away, or editing a photograph at 1 AM!)

So when this week's challenge word came along today - "Relaxation" I had to think for a while to decide what I could photograph that might show what relaxation means to me - so now while I write this post, I am listening to Evanescence, editing photographs, drinking some hot coco, and getting ready to turn in to watch a little TV.

Though I am not sure any of these are worthy for the contest - they were quick snaps of my "relaxing time" now that the house is quiet and I am alone! :)

(OH and the frogs, wow I bought them for the kids, but honestly I find myself watching them and getting lost in there games - they are such fun!)



9 comments:

  1. Makes me want a cup of cocoa. The cup is cute. I understand the alone time thing. My husband works only 3 long shifts a week, one of which is a Saturday. While it's nice to have the time together, the quiet time on Thursdays and Fridays after The kids go to school and he is at work is precious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shots do look relaxing. Being a workaholic, I use photography to relax. I completely understand about wanting "alone" time, we all need some of that. Take every minute you can get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frogs sound like fun pets to watch. I can see how it would be relaxing to watch them! Love the angle you shot the one cup of cocoa photo! Very interesting perspective. I need to shoot more at an angle like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome shots. We have one of those frogs too and I have yet to get as good a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered about getting a frog for my kid's tank. Now I think I will! Thanks! Those images are great - I love the composition on the hot chocolate ones! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love nights for the same reason! Love the frog shot--beautiful color. (My daughter has one of those frogs too.) Love the interesting angle on the cup. (Now I am wanting some hot chocolate.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the pictures of your frogs! Colorful, clear ... just lovely!

    ReplyDelete