Jan 29, 2009

Day 29

Fire and Ice...

As you have read before - if you read my blog that is - I am a member of an amazing photography forum - (I love it there). Anyway, this week we had a challenge - we were given a word, and told to run with it. This week's word was "Fire" - did not have to be a photograph OF fire, but something that meant fire to us...

Well, as you know I did some burner photo's - then I was thinking "Fire and Ice." So I again went back to the burner, and tried ice cubes but really - it was not working.

So alas, we got SNOW and ICE, duh - fire and ice! Since it was raining, we (my sister helped) pulled some snow/ice inside (on her table) and played with fire and ice.

These are some of the images I got...










Then here's the one I entered....

12 comments:

  1. Those are all very beautiful. The warm color is perfect. What photography forum are you a member of that you like so much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://clickinmoms.com - it's AWESOME!!! (I am FingersToToes over there...I think you can tell them I "sent" you or something :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are really cool! The way the light is caught in the ice looks pretty. The captures are warm yet cool. Very interesting concept. Thinking outside the box. I dig it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and executed very well. Hope you don't mind but you gave me an idea to try icicles with the candle flame. If I can find the icicles, I may try that tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome sister you have to help out like that!

    Are the first and last images the same?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are incredible! I love #3.
    Those could make a cool story board or collage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Thanks for pointing that out Rylan LOL _ they are! :)

    And your right, I do have a great sister! (BTW Rylan is my nephew and his mommy, my sister, keeps up with my blog for him!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love number 8! The whole series is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very dramatic. Love it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great! I liked them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved all the photos, but the one you entered is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete