Jan 28, 2009

Day 28

A Day Off...

Yesterday it was snow, today it was ice. Over night we got at least 1/2 an inch of ice on top of all that snow (around 2 inches), so of course the kids did not have school (yeah, here in Northern VA we are "sissy's"). So the lucky kids got to go SLEDDING - what kid (and unassuming adult) does not like sledding? Not me, and certainly not the kids! They had a blast.

We actually went to my sisters house, she has a HUGE hill right in front of her house...it's steep, but fun - Zachary kept going down flapping his "wings," "just like a bird mommy!" (What was I thinking.)

I also got some great ice shots, I think at least - course the 2nd time we went out (Zachary and I) I left the camera inside, it was RAINING!

















9 comments:

  1. Every time I look at your photos . .. all I can say is "WOW"!! You are just soooo talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids look like they are having a blast. If we want snow we need to drive to the Sierras. It NEVER comes to us. Love the other ice shots ( good use of rule of thirds)but my favorite is the pinecone shot. I have used pinecones to decorate my house. If I can't live in the mountains, I'll bring the mountains to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great sledding shots! we got the ice first and then the snow here in KY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I also LOVE the pinecone shot. But, the kids are the most adorable. You can see the joy all over their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those motion shots are great! And I love the detail in the macro shots - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sledding shots!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the shots of the kids! The look of excitement/terror on Aubrey's face is priceless! I also love the shot of Zach on his tummy, made me laugh out loud. You have such a gift.... thanks for sharing it with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photographs! You are a very talented photographer!

    ReplyDelete