Jan 22, 2009

Day 22

Parks...

Today was an interesting day, my poor brother in law woke up this morning unable to move and in severe pain - luckily my dad was able to go pick up Rylan, and Brian's dad took him to the ER, they ran tests, and it appears to be a kidney stone; he's home now, and on drugs but apparently they ain't as good as he hoped they'd be. In addition to that, they (sister, brother in law and the baby) also woke up to no heat, it keeps going on and off, so they are going to have it checked but gosh, waking up to a freezing house is NO FUN!

Anyway, amitzed all the fun, I went to pick up Aubrey, I ended up leaving earlier than I thought, so I decided instead of reading though my manual for the D300, that I would just go shoot with it...SOOO I went to a little park by her school, I love this place - the water and the steps are such fun, I cant wait till spring I have only been there in the winter and I bet it will be beautiful!

Not so happy with this one, the focus is a bit lacking, gotta get used to this camera!

It's really a beautiful area...

Exposed for the light in the water...can ya tell?

The stairs....

Gosh how I wish this was snow!

8 comments:

  1. I love the shimmer of light on the water. Pretty. Looks like a wonderful spot in the spring. Never had kidney stones but I understand it's terrible. Hope everyone gets better soon (heat included)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely series of shots. I think you are definitely getting the hang of the new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great location for photos! I'm new to following your blog, so I've probably missed the answer to this, but how long have you had your D300? Well, congratulations, anyway!

    I want a set of steps like that one you shot - that would be a great place to get a photo of all 7 of my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice shots. Somehow you were not on my blog roll, but you are now and I'll be able to keep up with you. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the last 2 shots - they are really cool! Good job learning the new camera. I would rather pull the thing out and just start using it rather than read the manual. But, I will read it when needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you getting out there and shooting away! Great shots! I hope your brother's feeling better and their heat problem is fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heat's back on and brother in law is back to his pain in the buttocks self....

    Nice shots, I wish that was snow too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shots and I'm glad that it's NOT snow lol. I am so ready for spring lol

    ReplyDelete