Feb 2, 2009

Day 33

Abstract...

Have you ever seen the commercial where the lady is walking though her day "touching" everything but feeling nothing? Do you ever feel like that, where your just looking at something but not really SEEING it or touching it with out FEELING it? I sure do.

Walking though the world it seems like I am always so busy, never stopping to really "see" everything - though I am blessed as a photographer I do take SOME time to "see" but not enough, not the little things, the details - the abstractness of the world and the things around us.

So this afternoon I took the kids to the park, and practiced "seeing" the abstractness of the world around me. (Hope you enjoy.)






Course no day would be complete with out a sky photo and a couple of the kids (trying to get them to STOP was a feet let me tell ya, Aubrey never did sit still)

See I told you she would not stop (that's her on the far right, Zachary is next to her)Very serious boy, dont you think?
UGH MOM, not again!!!

8 comments:

  1. Nice detail shots. I know what you mean. I keep threatening to "nail your feet to the floor" if my boy won't be still (he knows I am kidding).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the merry go round picture and that last one of Zach - that facial expression is just so him! Glad you enjoyed your trip to the park.

    How'd ya like all that snow this morning? Soooooo NOT worth it when we still have to be in school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots! I love how you focused in on the colorful playground equipment. Photography really makes you look closer at the world, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed the abstracts, and trying to figure out what they are. I had to make my eyes look at them differently - does that make sense? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the hardest time seeing abstracts. You did a great job! Love the kids, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun trip to the park. I know what you mean about looking at things differently. Everywhere I look, I see "pictures" but most of the time I don't have a camera in my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Simply Beautiful photography! Yes I know just the commercial your talking about! Great views.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did the same thing at the park recently, but deleted all the photos as they were boring, not interesting like yours! I love the one of the merry go round, but it kind of makes me dizzy lol. Your son has the most beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete